Friend & Family
Follow these 3 rules and be a PAL:
- Practice timeliness: Make it a point to plan to be at an event 15 minutes in advance and use the extra time in the parking lot to complete unfinished tasks.
- Ask before you share: In social settings always begin interactions with a kind and engaging question before you share anything about yourself.
- Look before you leap: Make it a point to look for social cues: yawns, checking a watch, a trip to the restroom. Then shift the conversation to someone else or gracefully exit.
Navigating the traditional school environment with ADHD can be awful. Having the right support in place as soon as possible is essential to ensure academic success. ADHD evaluation and identification can be completed by a primary care physician or educational psychologists. Before medication is prescribed, it is often recommended that patients try natural options.
The DREAM approach is best natural option available:
- Diet: Eat well, food is fuel
- Rest: Offer your mind rest, try to sleep 6-8 hours a day
- Exercise: Move, feel, stretch, enjoy
- Activity Outdoors: The earth is beautiful
- Mindfulness: Focus on your body at the moment and practice gratitude