Avenue to Wellness
Relationship building platform
The light of the sun indiscriminately nourishes, grows, and fortifies us. Sunlight offers us promise, hope, and wellness. At Theara we embrace the LIGHT approach:
We teach strategies that empower Neurodiverse and neuro-typical individuals to effectively engage with one another and their environment.
At Theara we are lighting the way to a brighter future.
The Theara Way program provides tools and strategies for better living at home, at school, and at work for everyone. Theara celebrates the diversity of the human mind. We believe that Neurodiversity holds the key to more effective, equitable, and empowered living for all. Over 20% of the human population is considered Neurodiverse. These individuals possess a naturally occurring neurological variant, like Dyslexia, Autism, ADHD, Dyscalculia, Tourette’s, Giftedness, and more. One thing common to many of these individuals is Sensory Processing Disorder. Neurodiverse individuals simply experience sensory input in a different way. At Theara we believe this divergent perspective offers powerful insight to humanity that will lead to a more enlightened and powerful way of life. As Waymakers, we equip the Neurodiverse Collective with the structured training and essential tools required to successfully navigate the Neurodiverse journey from early childhood to adult living.
Know the Way at Home training provides a step by step navigation plan for parents from the moment they suspect neurodiversity in their child until that child enters schools. The program includes tools and resources that parents and family members can employ immediately.
Know the Way at School training provides a clear and simple guide for parents and educators that clearly delineate next steps at every stage of a Neurodiverse child’s school journey from Kindergarten through high school graduation.
Some of the most common neurodiversity types include ADHD, Dyslexia, OCD, Dysgraphia, Giftedness, and Dyscalculia. In order to ensure efficacy, equity, and empowerment for the Neurodiverse Collective it is important for everyone to develop at least a basic understanding of these neurodiversity types. Theara provides understanding and offers free access to everyday supports that you can employ immediately. It is important to note that the co-occurrence of these conditions is quite common making exploration in all neurodiversity types advantageous.
- ADHD – Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a neurological condition characterized by hyperactivity, talkativeness, emotional hyper-arousal, inability to focus, high energy, and rejection sensitivity.
- Dyslexia – A neurological condition characterized by reading difficulties that result from deficits in visual and phonological processing of the written word.
- OCD – Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a fear-based, neurological condition that is characterized by an uncontrollable drive to participate in obsessive and/or compulsive behaviors typically surrounding issues of cleanliness, order, and perfectionism.
- Dysgraphia – A neurological condition that can affect fine motor skills and impairs one’s ability to write, type, or spell.
- Giftedness – A neurological condition characterized by intellectual ability in one or more areas that exceeds that of same-age peers.
- Dyscalculia – A neurological condition characterized by difficulty processing mathematical formulas and equations to an advanced degree.
Please explore more helpful information about these Neurodiversity types below.